Parents or carers who have a child under 16 attending an Argyll & Bute school and receive any of the following qualify for a School Clothing Grant of £50 per child:
- Income Support
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (Income Based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Council Tax Rebate or Housing Benefit (25% reduction for single occupancy is not included)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit (income should not exceed £6,420)
- Universal Credit (monthly take home pay must be under £610)
Pupils aged between 16 and 18 years who receive any of the above benefits in their own right also qualify.
Entitlement to Clothing Grants is assessed as part of the application process for Housing Benefit/Council Tax Benefit and you should complete an application form which is available at your local benefit enquiry office or by telephoning 01369 708548 or freephone 0800 252056 (mobiles may be charged). However, if you are not eligible for these benefits there is a separate application process available and you should contact any of the telephone numbers above for details.
Please see www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/education-and-learning/school-clothing-grant for more information on School Clothing Grants.
Please note that the above eligibility criteria is correct at time of publishing (August 2018) and that this may be subject to change by the start of August 2019. The link above will contain the most up-to-date information.